Assemblywoman Diana Richardson (D-Crown Heights, Lefferts Gardens) is reminding constituents to come out to the Community Board 14 Youth Conference this Wednesday. The conference is slated from 4-7 p.m., Wednesday, March 15 at the Flatbush YMCA located at 1401 Flatbush Avenue in Flatbush. Read more…
HUB/Third Avenue Business Improvement District is working on several community and residential projects, including La Central, one the largest new developments. The space will include 996 housing units, ground-level retail and community facilities such as a YMCA near Westchester and Bergen avenues. Read more…
The 'Vital Brooklyn' plan is part of the proposed $152.3 billion state budget that is supposed to pass the Senate and Assembly by April 1st. The wide-ranging 'Vital' proposals include 3,000 units of supportive and affordable housing across six state-owned sites, green space within a ten minute walk of each neighborhood, a dozen new farmers markets, and a new Midnight Basketball program organized by the NYPD and YMCA—part of an anti-violence initiative. Read more…
- New York City’s YMCA Announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Five Easy Ways To Prepare For Back-To-School Season
- Mayor de Blasio, Speaker Heastie Announce State-of-the-Art Recreational Facility Coming to Edenwald
- Summer Brain Gain: 10 Ways To Keep Kids Learning This Summer
- New York City’s YMCA Debuts “Teach New York City to Swim” Digital Fundraising Campaign
Our experts are media trained and ready to contribute to your story or speak at your event. From bullying to break dancing to diabetes prevention to development to depression to drug addiction, the Y experts bureau is made up of thought leaders in New York City. Watch brief interviews with each of our experts to see how they shine on camera. Contact Ellen Murphy at email@example.com or 212-630-9699 to connect with a Y expert today.
Senior Vice President &
Chief Development Officer
Gary is responsible for all philanthropic and charitable giving programs for the Y and was recently highlighted in Chronicle of Philanthropy, highlighting his work with donor stewardship and effective campaign management.
- Rentals - With 24 locations throughout the five boroughs, the Y has a myriad of community event spaces for birthday parties, special events, and meetings. Please contact your local Y to understand availability.
- Media Requests - Members of the media are welcome at the Y for broadcast and print shoots dependent upon the content of the piece and the potential disruption to members. All requests should be sent to Jennifer Hoffer at firstname.lastname@example.org