On Wednesday, April 5, 2017 the city’s glitterati turned out in force the New York City Mission Society’s annual Champions for Children Gala, raising a half million dollars to help in-need youngsters and families in the city’s most underserved communities. The evening’s honoree was R. Donahue (Don) Peebles founder, chairman, and CEO of The Peebles Corporation and who also serves on the Board of Directors at the YMCA of Greater New York. Read more…
During Safety Around Water Week, the Y helps kids learn essential water safety skills, which can open up a world of possibilities for them to satisfy their curiosity safely. Read more…
In observance of National Water Safety Month this April, the YMCA of Greater New York is urging parents to take their children’s relationship with water seriously by providing them with free swim lessons. Read more…
- New York City’s YMCA Announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Five Easy Ways To Prepare For Back-To-School Season
- Mayor de Blasio, Speaker Heastie Announce State-of-the-Art Recreational Facility Coming to Edenwald
- Summer Brain Gain: 10 Ways To Keep Kids Learning This Summer
- New York City’s YMCA Debuts “Teach New York City to Swim” Digital Fundraising Campaign
Our experts are media trained and ready to contribute to your story or speak at your event. From bullying to break dancing to diabetes prevention to development to depression to drug addiction, the Y experts bureau is made up of thought leaders in New York City. Watch brief interviews with each of our experts to see how they shine on camera. Contact Ellen Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-630-9699 to connect with a Y expert today.
Senior Vice President &
Chief Development Officer
Gary is responsible for all philanthropic and charitable giving programs for the Y and was recently highlighted in Chronicle of Philanthropy, highlighting his work with donor stewardship and effective campaign management.
- Rentals - With 24 locations throughout the five boroughs, the Y has a myriad of community event spaces for birthday parties, special events, and meetings. Please contact your local Y to understand availability.
- Media Requests - Members of the media are welcome at the Y for broadcast and print shoots dependent upon the content of the piece and the potential disruption to members. All requests should be sent to Jennifer Hoffer at email@example.com