The Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater
KIDS COMPANY presents CRAZY FOR YOU
November 17-21, 2015 Stay tuned for ticketing info!
The Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater at the West Side Y is a non-profit, Off-Broadway Theater which exists to:
- Encourage the creative spirit in young people.
- Empower, educate, and maximize the potential of the young people and emerging artists.
- Serve our community by providing affordable and high quality professional arts performances, programming, training, education.
- Create and launch new and innovative works that inspire, entertain, and reflect our diverse community.
- Further the YMCA of Greater New York's mission of building healthy bodies, healthy minds, and healthy spirits.
Marjorie Schlesinger Deane (1923-2003) was a fifth-generation New Yorker with a passion for fashion and the theater. The Chairman of the Tobe Report, an influential advisory service and weekly journal, Ms. Deane was well known in the fashion industry for 60 years. She was the president of the Fashion Group, a founder of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, and a member of the Board of FIT. Mrs. Deane had a lifelong love and appreciation for the theater, ranging from Broadway to Off-Broadway shows to amateur productions and summer stock. In 2004, this theater was named after her by her family with the hope that the lives of others might be enriched by the arts.
The Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater currently provides space for live performances, industry showcases, professional performances, birthday parties, film screenings, board meetings, lectures, readings, rehearsals, workshops and more! For more information on rentals, please contact: Matthew Wilson, Technical Director and Theater Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-912-2633.