The Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater
West Side's COMMUNITY ARTS Dept. and KIDS COMPANY PRESENT
Writer's Voice WORKS IN PROGRESS ~ New Works of Fiction, Memor, and Non-Fiction -- Monday, March 2 at 6 p.m. FREE
Writer's Voice READINGS OF NEW PLAYS AND SCREENPLAYS -- Monday, March 16 at 7 p.m.
- SHREK THE MUSICAL, JR. -- It's a "big bright beautiful world" for everyone's favorite ogre in Shrek The Musical JR., based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks Animation film. Adapted for young performers and featuring a host of over-the-top roles for an expandable cast, there's a part for everyone in this dazzling adventure story. In a faraway kingdom, the green ogre Shrek finds his swamp invaded by banished fairytale misfits, runaways who've been cast off by Lord Farquaad, a tiny terror with big ambitions. When Shrek sets off with a wise-cracking donkey to confront Farquaad, he's handed a task - if he rescues feisty Princess Fiona from the Dragon-guarded tower, his swamp will be returned to him. But, a fairy tale wouldn't be complete without unexpected twists and turns along the way. Part romance and part twisted fairy tale, Shrek JR. is an irreverently fun show for the whole family. With abundant opportunities for imaginative sets and costumes and familiar characters that prove that beauty is in the eye of the ogre, Shrek JR. is a great choice for young performers. -- March 25 – 29, 2015: Wednesday - Thursday 7:00 PM; Friday 6 & 8:30 PM; Saturday 2:00 & 7:00 PM; Sunday 11 & 3:00 PM
ABOUT THE MARJORIE S. DEANE LITTLE THEATER
The Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater at the West Side Y is a non-profit, independent, Off-Broadway Theater which exists to:
- Encourage the creative spirit in young people.
- Empower, educate, and maximize the potential of the young people and emerging artists.
- Serve our community by providing affordable and high quality professional arts performances, programming, training, education.
- Create and launch new and innovative works that inspire, entertain, and reflect our diverse community.
- Further the YMCA of Greater New York's mission of building healthy bodies, healthy minds, and healthy spirits.
Marjorie Schlesinger Deane (1923-2003) was a fifth-generation New Yorker with a passion for fashion and the theater. The Chairman of the Tobe Report, an influential advisory service and weekly journal, Ms. Deane was well known in the fashion industry for 60 years. She was the president of the Fashion Group, a founder of the Council of Fashion Designers of America, and a member of the Board of FIT. Mrs. Deane had a lifelong love and appreciation for the theater, ranging from Broadway to Off-Broadway shows to amateur productions and summer stock. In 2004, this theater was named after her by her family with the hope that the lives of others might be enriched by the arts.
The Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater currently provides space for live performances, industry showcases, professional performances, birthday parties, film screenings, board meetings, lectures, readings, rehearsals, workshops and more! For more information on rentals, please contact: Miles Marek, Artistic & Managing Director of the Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater at email@example.com or 212-912-2633.
'LIKE' West Side Y Arts pages on Facebook!
Artistic & Managing Director, Marjorie S. Deane Little Theater
firstname.lastname@example.org | 212-912-2633
Director of Community Arts
email@example.com | 212-912-2635
firstname.lastname@example.org | 212-912-2638
Youth Arts Coordinator
email@example.com | 212-912-2634
firstname.lastname@example.org | 212-912-2636