About Flatbush YMCA
Address and Contact
1401 Flatbush Avenue
2 5 B41 Lcl
Organized by members of the Flatbush community in Brooklyn in 1924, the Flatbush YMCA first opened in the midst of one of the great residential neighborhoods of all New York. The original building was located at the corner of Church Avenue and Kenmore Place. After a fire destroyed the branch's location in the historic Clarkson mansion in 1940, it has been in several locations, including a renovated theater.
The branch offered traditional YMCA programs with much of its efforts focusing on youth and athletics. Major offerings continue to include the Flatbush Youth Services Center and a Day Camp.