Ronnie Arond, 93, began taking yoga classes 40 years ago at the Cross Island Y.M.C.A. in Queens, where she was teaching synchronized swimming. She began teaching yoga using an approach “made up of all things I borrowed from other teachers.” She taught both at home and at the Y.M.C.A., where she has a sizable following, even after taking time off to recover from a broken hip after a fall last year. Read more…
With all the upset lately regarding the current Presidential Administration over immigration and the treatment of migrant and undocumented workers, The New Americans Center at the YMCA of Greater New York helps immigrants aim to a better life. Read more…
BCAGlobal’s Global Food & Wine Experience is a much-anticipated culinary, wine, and spirit event. This year's Vision in Wine and Spirits Award honoree is George Carbonell of Empire Merchants, who has previously been recognized by the Harlem YMCA Corporate Achievers. Read more…
- The West Side YMCA Wants Kids to go 0to60 during Annual Healthy Kids Day
- New York City’s YMCA Announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Five Easy Ways To Prepare For Back-To-School Season
- Mayor de Blasio, Speaker Heastie Announce State-of-the-Art Recreational Facility Coming to Edenwald
- Summer Brain Gain: 10 Ways To Keep Kids Learning This Summer
Our experts are media trained and ready to contribute to your story or speak at your event. From bullying to break dancing to diabetes prevention to development to depression to drug addiction, the Y experts bureau is made up of thought leaders in New York City. Watch brief interviews with each of our experts to see how they shine on camera. Contact Ellen Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-630-9699 to connect with a Y expert today.
Senior Vice President &
Chief Development Officer
Gary is responsible for all philanthropic and charitable giving programs for the Y and was recently highlighted in Chronicle of Philanthropy, highlighting his work with donor stewardship and effective campaign management.
- Rentals - With 24 locations throughout the five boroughs, the Y has a myriad of community event spaces for birthday parties, special events, and meetings. Please contact your local Y to understand availability.
- Media Requests - Members of the media are welcome at the Y for broadcast and print shoots dependent upon the content of the piece and the potential disruption to members. All requests should be sent to Jennifer Hoffer at email@example.com