Grammy-nominated singer Carly Rae Jepsen partnered with JCPenney this holiday season, giving kids from the YMCA a shopping trip to get presents for their families. Read more…
Vice President of Communications
The New Americans Welcome Center serve as multilingual information resource and referral center, and provide immigrant families with a wide array of instructional, vocational, recreational, family support, and social services. Instructional services include English as a Second Language, Cultural Orientation, Citizenship Preparation, Job Readiness, and Computer Literacy. This Giving Tuesday, take part in the global movement and help us give New Americans in our community the opportunity to build a new life in America. Read more…
The Flushing YMCA held its 16th annual Community Service Awards Dinner, where it honored two respected community leaders: Betty Cheng, chief operating officer of the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center; and Michael Nussbaum, publisher of the Queens Tribune. Read more…
- New York City’s YMCA Announces Key Leadership Appointments
- Five Easy Ways To Prepare For Back-To-School Season
- Mayor de Blasio, Speaker Heastie Announce State-of-the-Art Recreational Facility Coming to Edenwald
- Summer Brain Gain: 10 Ways To Keep Kids Learning This Summer
- New York City’s YMCA Debuts “Teach New York City to Swim” Digital Fundraising Campaign
Our experts are media trained and ready to contribute to your story or speak at your event. From bullying to break dancing to diabetes prevention to development to depression to drug addiction, the Y experts bureau is made up of thought leaders in New York City. Watch brief interviews with each of our experts to see how they shine on camera. Contact Ellen Murphy at email@example.com or 212-630-9699 to connect with a Y expert today.
Senior Vice President &
Chief Development Officer
Gary is responsible for all philanthropic and charitable giving programs for the Y and was recently highlighted in Chronicle of Philanthropy, highlighting his work with donor stewardship and effective campaign management.
|Lori Rose Benson
Lori oversees all aspects of the Y's Healthy Lifestyles and Membership initiatives. In this role, she works to ensures the Y supports a broad range of fitness options and operate within and above Association standards.
- Rentals - With 24 locations throughout the five boroughs, the Y has a myriad of community event spaces for birthday parties, special events, and meetings. Please contact your local Y to understand availability.
- Media Requests - Members of the media are welcome at the Y for broadcast and print shoots dependent upon the content of the piece and the potential disruption to members. All requests should be sent to Jennifer Hoffer at firstname.lastname@example.org