WELCOME TO THE BRONX NEW AMERICANS CENTER
The YMCA is committed to serving the newcomer/immigrant population of New York City. In response to their needs, the Y operates six New Americans Welcome Centers to support newcomers and immigrants in reaching their goals of employment, education, civic engagement, naturalization, cultural competence and upward mobility in the communities they live.
New York City’s YMCA is here for all. Our New Americans Initiative is a safe haven for immigrants looking for support and services. We never turn anyone away — or inquire about immigration status.
The New Americans Welcome Centers serve as multilingual information resource and referral centers and provides newcomers/immigrants, and their families, with a wide array of instructional, vocational, recreational, family support, and social services. Instructional services include English as a Second Language, Cultural Orientation, Citizenship Preparation, Job Readiness, and Computer Literacy. Some of our Centers offer Adult Basic Education (“ABE”) and High School Equivalency (“HSE”) classes. All services are free of charge.
For more information or to obtain services, please contact us.
Come in and register for our 2018 Spring Classes! Click the links below for our registration dates and times.
- English Classes, TASC (GED) Classes, Citizenship Classes, & Computer Classes (ENGLISH)
- Clases GRATIS; Clases de inglés, clases de TASC (GED), clases de ciudadanía y clases de computación (SPANISH)
- Classes GRATUITES; Classes d'anglais, classes TASC (GED), cours de citoyenneté et cours d'informatique (FRENCH)
- English Classes, TASC (GED) Classes, Citizenship Classes, & Computer Classes (ARABIC)
- বিনামূল্যে ক্লাস; ইংল্েবি ক্লাস, টিএসবস (বিইবি) ক্লাস, বসটিল্িনবিপ ক্লাস এিং কবিউটাে ক্লাস (BANGLA)
For more information on the Bronx YMCA New Americans Welcome Center at the Glebe Senior Center, please contact:
Selenie Villar, NAWC Program Director
Tel: (718) 829-1564 ext. 2
Danielle Rucker, NAWC Program Coordinator
Tel: (718) 829-1564 ext. 3
Languages spoken: English, Spanish