Life after cancer is both a blessing and a mystery to many survivors. Many ask themselves how to live right after overcoming a challenge as profound and serious as cancer. LiveStrong at the YMCA is a partnership between the Y and LIVESTRONG, offering a free personalized physical activity and well-being program designed to help adult cancer survivors achieve their holistic health goals. This unique, research-based program offers people affected by cancer a safe, supportive environment to participate in physical and social activities focused on strengthening the whole person.
Participants work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to achieve their goals, such as building muscle mass and strength; increasing flexibility and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem. In addition to physical benefits, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA focuses on the emotional well-being of survivors and their families by providing a supportive community where people impacted by cancer can connect during treatment and beyond.
Fill out this form if you’re interested in participating in the program, which is offered at the following locations:
- Manhattan - Chinatown YMCA - 273 Bowery Street
- Manhattan - McBurney YMCA - 125 West 14th Street
- Manhattan - Vanderbilt YMCA - 224 East 47th Street
- Manhattan - West Side YMCA - 5 West 63rd Street
- Coming soon! Brooklyn - Dodge YMCA - 225 Atlantic Avenue
- Queens - Flushing YMCA - 1401 Flatbush Avenue
- Queens - Ridgewood YMCA - 69-02 64th Street
- Queens - Rockaway YMCA - 207 Beach 73rd Street
- Staten Island - Broadway YMCA - 651 Broadway
- Staten Island - South Shore YMCA - 3939 Richmond Avenue