Group Exercise Coordinator (Harlem YMCA)
SALARY: $15.00 P/H - $18.00 P/H
The Harlem YMCA is seeking a qualified individual who will assist in providing direction and leadership to the Group Exercise program. The Group Exercise Coordinator will enhance membership to attract and retain members, increase private instruction and fee-based class enrollment, and engage in branch events, campaigns and outreach programs.
Assist in the following areas:
- Planning, scheduling and evaluation of all Group Exercise classes and individual instruction.
- Hiring, supervising, evaluating and coaching program staff.
- Scheduling, management, acquisition and maintenance of facilities and equipment pertaining to Healthy Lifestyles Group Exercise and Pilates programs.
- Developing, controlling and tracking departmental budget.
- Strong Kids Campaign fundraising and membership campaigns.
- Researching, facilitating and creating a quality program by industry standards.
- Setting annual priority objectives to improve services based on member and periodic Association quality surveys.
- Evaluate each class to ensure member satisfaction, profitability and compliance with standards.
- Track and ensure that each staff’s certifications are current and on file.
- Coordinate administrative functions such as tracking, reporting, scheduling and entering payroll in a timely manner.
- Serve as point of contact for all Group Exercise and Pilates instructors, as well as members, and promptly address complaints.
- Coordinate substitute instructors, filling in as necessary.
- Adhere to the YMCA of Greater New York’s Healthy Lifestyles Standards and Guidelines.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meeting and special events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Three to five years in a fitness supervisory/management position.
- ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NASM or other Y recognized certification.
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid certifications.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Group Exercise Coordinator” via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:Harlem YMCA
Attn.: Bill Kanas
180 West 135th Street
New York, NY 10030